Saturday, May 15, 2010

Rocky Mountain National Park in Spring

This Spring my mom came out to Colorado for the first time to visit me. So of course I took her to Rocky Mountain National Park, with a stop in Nederland and Estes Park. Trail Ridge Road was still closed through RMNP, and there was still so much snow here since we’ve had such a snowy winter and spring. But the scenery was amazing and since I live in Lakewood now and don’t get up to RMNP as much as I used to, I really enjoyed it. Here are some pictures from the drive up to RMNP.


Trail Ridge Road


Lots of snow up here on Trail Ridge Road


More snow clouds moving in


It was very windy on Trail Ridge Road


An inquisitive bird


An inquisitive bird leaves


At Bear Lake


My mom got my this alpaca wool hat in Estes Park - I love it!


There is a lake behind me somewhere under all this snow


Mom and I at Bear Lake


Rams at Rocky Mountain National Park


Pussy Willows - they reminds me of Poland






Lily Lake




Lily Lake was as smooth as glass today


Mom and I at Lily Lake


At the visitor center with moose


A real cowboy in Estes Park? I guess all this shopping got him tired

1 comment:

GF said...

Nice pictures, was the bird trying to make a snow angel? ;-)
I love the reflection picture with the almost symmetrical view of the mountains. I also bought an Alpaca hat for my daughter in Sisters, Oregon, she loved it :-)