Monday, September 05, 2005

ST.N meet Richland Center, WI: Day 3

A bunch of us met for breakfast at the Center Café on 14 and from there we parted ways. I took the same way back, now with air in my back tire. 130 South of Lone Rock is such a great road, I can’t believe I’ve never been on it before. Nice scenery, the river, elevation changes, many tighter turns and many sweepers. By the time I got closer to home, the bike again started handling as if the back tire was low on air. There must be a leak somewhere.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Today was a bit cooler and overcast and a bit windy. Even though I still had some more miles that I could have put on the bike, I was discouraged by the leaky back tire. Also, my neck was really sore today and bothering me. I couldn’t figure out why. I got home really early, about 6PM. I found out later that I had about 6-7 insect bites on the right side of my neck, don’t know what bit me, but my muscles were all tense and aching. The bites didn’t itch. The funny thing is, the last years, Labor Day Weekend, I was stung by a bee on my neck. This year, no bee, but something got me. I pulled in to the driveway with 702 miles on the odometer. Not bad for a back tire that doesn’t hold air.

No comments: