Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Bike night and Ducati MH900e

Well, I finally made it to bike night, I haven’t been since end of May or beginning of June, yea, pathetic since I live so close, but with the traveling and bad weather, it happens.

I rode the 900SS there which I haven’t been on since exactly a month ago, again traveling and bad weather is to blame. This was actually the 5th time on this bike for me.

There were at least 12-14 other Ducs there tonight. But the most amazing Ducati there was the Mike Hailwood 900 Evoluzione. I’ve never seen one in person before, what an amazing piece of machinery.



The MH900e was a limited edition bike sold only over the internet to commemorate Mike Hailwood's 1978 Isle of Man Championship. 2000 were made, about 500 made it to the United States and no more will ever be made.

The powerplant is the venerable 900 desmodue air cooled motor. The bike has a single sided/single shock swingarm made specifically for the bike, and the front has non-adjustable forks. I just wished I brought my digital camera there, the phone camera can’t possibly capture the beauty of this bike, actually no camera can.

No comments: