Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tlaquepaque - Sedona, Arizona


Pronounced Tla-keh-pah-keh and meaning the "best of everything". Tlaquepaque Arts & Crafts Village was built in Sedona to resemble a traditional Mexican village. Located inside the beautifully decorated buildings are stores, galleries and restaurants.



Looking down from the second floor



Aztec wall relief?



Colorful reflection and glass wall art



Some interesting looking metal and glass sculpture

But I just enjoy walking through Tlaquepaque, having never been to Mexico, I can walk around this make believe village and pretend I’m south of the border. The architecture is quite beautiful and I’m amazed at all the attention to detail. I love art and to me Tlaquepaque itself is art. I’ve actually never even gone inside any of the stores or galleries, I’m more interested in the structures themselves and all the unique details.



A building that looks like a church or chapel



Sycamore tree and building



Looking through a gate



A pot on a ledge



A decorated fountain



A pot underneath the stairs



Colorful tiles on stairs



A walkway in between buildings



A frog statue blowing a kiss



Another shot of that interesting looking metal and glass sculpture, I really like it


Some of the photographs in
this post were enhanced or
manipulated using photoshop.

No comments: