Saturday, August 19, 2006

Lake Michigan on a yacht

A few of my friends and I were invited to a party on a yacht. This thing was amazing. There was 5 bathrooms on this boat. The owners of this boat live on this boat year round, spending summers in Chicago and winters in Florida. This seven year old Broward was custom built from the hull up and was the last boat built in Saugatuck, MI before Broward moved their operations to Florida a few years ago.

Unfortunately the skies opened up as we were trying to find the dock and even with an umbrella I was socked. But the skies cleared up by the time we headed out on Lake Michigan for a little cruise.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Broward behind me

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This boat was so big I couldn’t get a picture of the whole boat

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Now, that’s a serious GPS

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chicago skyline from the boat

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Beautiful Chicago at night

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Navy pier

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Every Saturday night during the summer months, the city of Chicago has some really nice fireworks.

My friends and I had a good time and we were the last ones off the boat.
I am not a big fan of motorized boats, but this thing was really cool.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, that looks like fun. Too bad I had to miss it.